The purpose of the Gallatin Solid Waste Management District is:
- to provide constituents with cost efficient solid waste services;
- to provide for the balanced consideration and representation of the diverse views and issues regarding solid waste management;
- to advocate for the health, safety and welfare of the residents;
- to manage the processing, reclaiming, storing, transporting, or disposing of waste in ways that protect the ecology of lands in the District;
- to identify goals, policies and procedures that will aid local jurisdictions in meeting solid waste reduction and recycling goals.
The Gallatin Solid Waste Management District Board meetings are on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM at the Logan Landfill Administration Building, 10585 Two Dog Road, Logan, Montana. Call 284-2494 with questions regarding the agenda or other meeting information.