PURCHASING FROM A DEALER
1. Your dealer will either provide you all the documents necessary for titling (out of state dealer) to bring to us or send all the documents to us necessary for you to title.
2. If you have a loan, separate from the dealership, bring in a signed copy of the loan papers.
PURCHASING FROM A PRIVATE PARTY
1. A properly completed title by the seller.
2. A lien release if there is a lien showing.
3. A signed copy of the loan document if there is a loan.
MOVING TO MONTANA
1. The out of state title;
2. If the title is held by a lien holder you will need to bring in a registration to get a permit to drive and a letter to send to your lien holder to release the title for transfer.